Guide to our Covid-19 rules for your visit in Berlin cinemas
You need to present a Covid-19 negative proof to enter all our regular cinemas. For outdoor cinemas, this rule ends on 05 July. We've collected a list of test centers near cinemas.
Our hygiene rules in accordance with the Berlin hygiene framework concept are a mandatory requirement for admission and stay in our cinemas. There are slightly different rules for open-air and indoor cinemas.
- At our regular cinemas, all patrons over the age of six need to show negative proof. For open-air cinemas, this rule will be lifted on 05 July 2021. This can be provided in several ways.
- Vaccination pass. The second vaccination shot must have been administered at least 14 days ago.¹ We prefer digital passes following EU standards (Corona-Warn-App or CovPass-App) because they allow us to complete the check a lot faster.
- Rapid test. This test must not be older than 24 hours and must have been performed professionally at a test station. Self-tests are not allowed. You can find the nearest test station on the website of the state of Berlin.
- Recovery from Covid. Proof of a positive PCR test, which must not be older than 6 months and was issued at least 28 days ago.
- Test requirements may be suspended for screenings with less than 50 patrons according to Hygienerahmenkonzept Kultur (15.7.21)
- Wear a mask while not in your seat. You must wear the mask until you reach your seat or when you leave it. Please note the minimum requirement for masks:
- Indoor cinemas only FFP2 mask
- Outdoor cinemas: medical or FFP2 mask
- Parents: For children under six, masks and negative proof are not mandatory.
- Be there in time. We recommend that you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the screening, as it may take some time to review your negative proof.
- Cancel if you feel unwell. We are not allowed to admit people with symptoms of illness or close contacts of Covid-19 cases. You can cancel your tickets up to 90 minutes before the movie starts.
- Your seat is reserved. The row and seat numbers listed on your ticket are binding and our system blocks adjacent seats accordingly. Our halls meet all the requirements of the Berlin hygiene framework concept in terms of fresh air supply and air filtration.
- Digital check-in. We recommend to check in at the cinema with the Corona warning app (alternatively Luca app) via the QR code on site. For those without an online ticket, this check-in is mandatory.
- Keep your distance. Keep your distance from other guests. Our seating and waiting areas are prepared accordingly.
Additional outdoor rules
- No box office.Tickets are available exclusively online and in the Yorck App.
¹: In some cases, only one vaccination is necessary: for Johnson & Johnson vaccination and after recovery from Covid-19 infection.